The Ins and Outs of Karantis360 - Care management system
Karantis360 helps you put the care back into caring. Imagine a system which gives your carers more time to spend with clients (known to us as VIPs - very important persons), provides complete transparency and connects families with their loved ones… plus saves you time and money too.
In this age of global family dispersion, old age can be confusing, lonely and depressing. At the same time, providing care for the elderly is increasingly time-pressured and burdened by administration, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Designed and developed by carers, specifically for care service providers, Karantis360 is a unique, ground-breaking, stand-alone care management application for use with mobile devices.
What is it?
An IoT Solution that uses ultra-modern digital sensor technology to improve service, support and transparency, not only for care agencies and carers, but for their clients and their families too.
Using IoT in the care market extends care touch points to 24/7 rather than the current average of 2 hours per day domiciliary care.
The solution enables clients to stay in their homes for longer, reducing time and cost in care home environments.
On average in the UK, it costs £30,000 pa for care home services and £10,000 pa for domiciliary care; Karantis360 helps save valuable money for local authorities, VIPs and their families.
How does it work?
- IoT sensor devices are placed in the home to identify patterns and wellbeing of the VIP based on home and habitual information
- Application feeds patient (VIP) information into the Cloud where it is securely held
- Care Agency sends acceptance and action of any alerts
- Care provider pushes alert(s) to relevant carer and/or family members as defined within the application
What is its purpose?
The primary aim is to help care agencies provide the best possible emotional and cognitive care, especially for clients with ADLD (Alzheimer’s, dementia, loneliness and depression).
There are 376,250 older people living in 10,331 care homes in England and many are frail and vulnerable, with more health needs than most of the population. Around 40% have dementia, many are on cocktails of medication, and the average lifespan when they get to a care home is one to two years.
- There are 850,000 people with dementia in the UK, with numbers set to rise to over 1 million by 2025. This will soar to 2 million by 2051.
- 225,000 will develop dementia this year, that’s one every three minutes.
- There are over 40,000 people under 65 with dementia in the UK.
Only 16% of people aged 85+ in the UK live in care homes. (Care of Elderly People Market Survey 2013/14, Laing and Buisson, 2014)
Around 27% of people lived in care homes for more than three years. The median period from admission to the care home to death is 462 days or 15 months. (Length of stay in care homes. Julien Forder and Jose-Luis Fernandez, PSSRU Discussion Paper 2769, 2011)
Some studies estimate that depression affects 40% of older people in care homes. (Depression and Older People: Towards securing well-being in later life, Help the Aged)
Where does our solution fit in?
The Minimum hourly wage £7.83 (over 25) (hourly rate is variable on geographic location and on qualified level of care provided but we have taken the minimum.)
Administrators or Care Managers/Supervisors on a minimum wage will cost a care agency on average £16k per annum plus the travel expenses involved. Again, we have taken bare minimum.
Karantis360 will act as the administrator with an automated real time process which will reduce the admin burden for administrators or supervisors. Enabling care 24hrs a day without the expense to the client.
The application will prevent any information being lost or forgotten and all information is time tracked, audited and carers are accountable for their own actions. Giving care staff full overview of a client’s needs at the touch of a button.
The application manages all reports in real time and provides CQC compliant reporting.
It enables machine learning to provide a safe environment allowing people the option to stay in their own homes for longer and gives families peace of mind that their loved ones are safe and secure.
The application provides a complete care solution which can link health professionals, families, carers and care providers together enabling the health professional's providing care to be more informed of all the facts.
What are the key benefits?
- Saves time… no more time-consuming manual, hand-written (and often error-prone) reporting
- Familiar and easy-to-use… operates on iOS and Android devices; dramatically reduces your carers’ admin time
- Increases transparency… with real-time reporting, constant updates and the ability to share photos and messages with families
- Fully-automated and entirely customised… the bespoke reporting function monitors multiple functions, as specified by you and your organisation
- Makes more time for interaction between client and carer… developing better relationships and providing more job satisfaction
- CQC compliant… keeps your records up-to-date, creates a tracking system for staff management and an audit trail for use in CQC inspections
- Brings carers, families and agency together… gives families direct contact with on-duty care staff; provides 3-way video or audio calls as required
Sensor pack: Bed sensor, bathroom door sensor, kettle sensor
Habitual Information: Goes to bed between: 21:00 – 23:00, gets up between: 06:40 – 08:00
Alert parameter set at: Amber alert 30 mins, red alert 60 mins
Scenario: Charlie usually gets up and out of bed between 06.40- 08.00. On this occasion, it is 08.30 and Charlie is yet to get out of bed.
Amber Alert raised at 08:31am - Care Agency monitors situaton on dashboard and places call to Charlie – no response
Red Alert raised at 09:01am - Care Agency notifies carer to make emergency call to Charlie via mobile application
Carer files alert report on mobile application – Charlie had knocked walking frame over going to bed and couldn’t reach it in the morning to get out of bed
- Global Delivery
- Project Management
- The Internet of Things
- Smart Places
- Managed WiFi
- Dark Fibre
- Managed Network Infrastructure
- Managed Services
- Wireless Office
- Digital Transformation
- Professional Services
- Managed LAN
- Public WiFi
- Stadium WiFi
- Property Management
- Social Housing